W.I.?J.A. Resources to Help You to encourage Anti Bullying and stop Cyber Bulling. Press on the button below to utilize the dignity and respect worksheet and click on the pamphlet to view the pamphlets
Famous People who were bullied while growing up
Bullying is a form of taking away the dignity and respect of another. Although there are resources that are available it all starts with you. Take a stand and speak out.
What is Bullying
Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems.
Source: Stop Bullying.Gov
1. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
2.Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
3. 17% of American students report being bullied 2 to 3 times a month or more within a school semester. Take a stand in your community by hosting a Bullying Policy Makeover event customizing your school’s anti-bullying policy.
4. 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
5. By age 14 less than 30% of boys and 40% of girls will talk to their peers about bullying.
6. Over 67% of students believe that schools respond poorly to bullying, with a high percentage of students believing that adult help is infrequent and ineffective.
7. 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
8. 90% of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying.
9. 1 in 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying.
10. As boys age they are less and less likely to feel sympathy for victims of bullying. In fact they are more likely to add to the problem than solve it.
11. Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school. Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.
Source: Do Something.Org
What is Bullying? Video below by TartenBroadcasting
Source: The Richest.com
Imagine if they had given up. The world would have been denied some special talent. You don't have to give up because you are not alone. If you are being bullied; let someone know. There is help for you and people who care.
Websites to Help You in this Battle, Click on the icons below: